The Community Council discussion lists are one of the communication vehicles for the Community Council—which coordinates and collaborates with faculty, administration, and families to realize the mission and vision of the Healey School. Through the Community Council, members of the Healey Community can be informed, have their say, collaborate on ideas, solve problems, and build community.
There are currently two Healey Community email lists created and managed by Community Council:
- The Announcement List is used by the Chairs of the Community Council to post announcements, which include events, fundraisers, updates, and other pertinent news involving the Healey School. Communication on this list is one-way. Send your announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be posted after approval by the Community Council chairs.
- The Discussion List is used by members of the Healey School community to discuss issues, announce events, share information, and make connections with other members of the Healey School community. Send the email you would like posted on the discussion list to email@example.com. You must be a member of the list to post to it.
Please note that the CC chairs expect users’ messages to follow the community guidelines and will gently intervene if necessary.
All members of the Healey School community (families, faculty, administration), as well as those interested in the Healey School (school committee members, local government officials, and other members of the Somerville community), are welcome to join the Community Council Announcement list and the Community Council Discussion list.
To join Community Council Announcement lists, please go to the signup page.
By using the Community Council Discussion list, you agree that you have read and will follow the guidelines set for this discussion group. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium.
- Always remember that you’re interacting with people so be mindful of what you write; never write anything you wouldn’t say to someone directly. Never use a list for personal attacks or profanity; if you wouldn’t say it in a crowded room for all to hear, don’t write it in a message.
- Write only public (never private) messages; lists are a public forum, personal comments or criticisms should be sent directly to the person, not the entire list.
- Do not “flame,” challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Flaming includes the making of derogatory comments, ridicule, excessive sarcasm and innuendo. Let others have their say, just as you have yours.
- Use caution when discussing items. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see.
- Do not post commercial messages on the lists. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials or language are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a list message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Remember that other e-mail list participants can and may reproduce postings to these lists.
- Do not distribute any SPAM, solicitation, jokes, or chain letters.
- Do not use the lists to invite the entire list to join your social network (Facebook, Myspace, Linkedin, etc).
(These guidelines adapted from SomervilleMoms.)